来自: 美国

登录航海网,拥抱全世界

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
关于PredictWind app应用的测评
帆友可以得到的免费服务
                    翻译者-------帆译组:张立文
PredictWind.jpg

PredictWind是一种应用在苹果和安卓智能手机和平板上的一种可供航海者随时掌握风况和气象动向的App应用。不必像以往那样开着收音机收听NOAA(美国国家海洋局)的大区域气象报告。例如收听这样的情况:“西南风15到25节…下午会增大到20到30节。”

以上只是一个例子,航海者需要的是尽可能接近自己所在区域的气象预测报告。

可以想象这样的情形,在上午10点钟,我考虑去航行几个小时。微风15对我的船最有利:达到最大航速且不考虑收帆。但当我离开码头时风速达到了20,这时我必须考虑收帆,或者依靠有经验的船员调整帆桅来航行。但如果我在公开水域的时候风速达到了30,这个时候我最好返航除非我疯了。一但港口的浪涌变大,船员必须面对如何固定缆绳的困难。

PredictWind可以给出了更具体的区域和对应时点的风况变化。对比NOAA以上的预测, “今天凌晨1点有15节的风速,上午10点达到22节。但在整个下午也不会超过20节,仅日落后会到达25节”。虽然我知道所期望的合适风况,同时我也知道在午夜前我所在的区域风力也不会超过30,所以我和船员们乐于前往。

这正是predictwind设计的好处;

版本介绍:Android免费版本2.1.1 predictwind

联想A1平板电脑运行Android 2.3测试

可用于安卓(1.6以上版本)和苹果设备

免费版的主要功能

开始时选择你所在的地区。一个区域被保存在免费版本中(根据你所在区域可以改变);在付费版本中可以存储6个区域。菜单中有细分的选项和不同的信息。

以下是免费版的基本功能:

•   24小时内风速和方向的预测变化/每小时(付费版本5天)
  •   各种视觉格式风数据:表,图表,地图动画与风向尖头,动画轮廓图(见上图)
  •   24小时内,预测的浪涌高度、时间和方向(沿海和近海地区);表格信息与地图动画对应/每小时。
  •   空气温度(水-不超过土地)预测按小时
  •   降水和云量的预报/小时(表)或在地图中显示的降水运量等高线的变化/3小时。

Predictwind网站说风力预测APP使用基于NOAA和加拿大气象数据的风力预测计算机模型,模型中的多数函数允许自行对比找到最适合自身所在区域的观测数据。在我的测试中,所有预测并不总能与真实情况完全一致。(今天的例子,上面给出的风力实际在下午3点持续达到33节,早于Predictwind的预测但是超过了NOAA的预报。所以我们对所有的预测都应该有谨慎的态度)

不足之处

关于APP应用端屏幕上显示的不同数据格式和来源等信息,需要访问PREDICTWIND网站才能了解。

当你在屏幕上向下滚动图表信息的时候,表头上的时间信息就看不到了。这时你必须向上滚动图表才能显示与时间对照的数据信息。

不同的功能处理时间的方式不同。例如,我写这篇文章是在下午12:30,预测表提供给我的是从下午1点开始今天的36小时前的预测信息,但风力预报的动画图提供的是在今天早上4:00开始持续24小时的信息,而我的风力预测等高线图是从昨天晚上10点开始仅持续到今天下午下午4点。这三类预测方式的时间都不统一。这里一定有技术上的原因,总之这个应用的时间框架比较混乱。

付费版本的附加功能

与大多数的附加功能增加价格的应用程序不同,predictwind采用订阅模式。从一天预报扩展到5天的天气预报,价格为9美元的3个月或19美元12个月。此外,5美元/小时的价格可以提供的路由功能,或5美元/小时的行程规划功能。如何不支付,就很难准确地知道这2个功能能干什么。开发者网站上有一个关于定价结构的说明,根据计算机程序的复杂度分为基础版,标准版和专业版。

因为我觉得最爱玩的航海者也不一定会使用这个应用的其他功能,我就没有继续深入了解它。我猜测NOAA和CMC的扩展预测功能已经能满足大多数航海者的需求。升级版增加的预测包括当前风况和其他观测数据。但是这些信息我们通过其他的气象APP如Marinecast,Wind NOAA或NOAA飘测报告等都可以获得。

结论

predictwind免费版APP是航海者的一个很好的工具之一。在航海过程中可以与潮汐浪涌APP,图表导航仪,和其他工具一起使用。我特别喜欢它的整洁清晰和快速浏览的界面,每小时的与天气相关的数据和变化信息在动态等高图中清晰快速的显示出来。这确实是个好用的免费APP。

作为predictwind的补充,我们也需要看Marine Weather,包括天气数据,潮汐浪涌,雷达信息等等。有一个限制功能的安卓版本,但苹果版本的费用比较高。

PocketGrib是另外一个可以有效为你提供所在区域风况的APP应用。

文章来自外国网站“about sport”,翻译文章主要为服务国内帆友,如有侵权,请联系我们删除。
   the original articles are from the website "about sport". if covering torts, please contact us to delete.

不小小纪 来自: 浙江
Review of PredictWind App
Pretty Good What You Get for Free
ThePredictWind app for Apple and Android smartphones and tablets is a handy wayfor sailors to stay in touch with the wind and weather. Not long ago you'd tunein NOAA weather radio for the marine forecast covering a large area to receivesomething like this (my own forecast today - compare with PredictWind'sforecast below): "SW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT...INCREASING TO 20 TO 30 KT THISAFTERNOON."
Theforecast above is a good example why sailors need a forecast that is asspecific for their immediate area as possible.
Say it's 10:00 AM and I'm thinking ofgoing sailing for a few hours. A breeze of 15 would be great for my boat:maximum speed without having to reef. But if it hits 20 as soon as I leave thedock, I'd better be reefed down (and maybe have experienced crew with me, depending on my boat'srig) - and if it's blowing 30 about the time I reach open water, I'd better getback in unless I want a wild, wet ride and crew who can cope with thedifficulty of picking up my mooring once the waves grow in my harbor.
PredictWindgives a forecast for a much more specific area and maps out expected windchanges by the hour. In contrast to the particular NOAA forecast above, I see15 knots at 1 AM today, but by 10:00 AM it's already 22 knots. But it will stayin the low 20s all afternoon, rising over 25 only well after sunset. So I knowto expect a good wind (reef before heading out), but I also know it won't reachthat 30 in my area until midnight, so I'm good to go with my present crew.
That isexactly what PredictWind was designed to do and does best.
Versionreviewed: PredictWind for Android free version 2.1.1
Tested on Lenovo A1 Tablet running Android 2.3
Available for both Android (1.6 and up) and Apple devices
Key Features of the Free Version
You beginby choosing your local forecast area. One area is saved in the free version(but it can be changed when you go elsewhere); six in the paid versions. Thenyou get a menu for a variety of specific functions and types of information.
Followingare the basic features in the free version:
·        Wind speed and direction forecast hourly for 24 hours (5 days inpaid versions)
·        Wind data presented in a variety of visual formats: table,graphs, map animated with wind arrows, animated contour map (see image above)
·        Predicted wave height, period, and direction (coastal andoffshore areas) hourly for 24 hours; tabular information and also animatedcontour maps
·        Air temperature (over the water - not over land) forecast by hour
·        Rainfall and cloud cover forecast by hour (table) or in 3-hourincrements in animated contour map
ThePredictWind website explains that the wind forecast uses their own computermodel based on NOAA and Canadian Meteorological Centre data, and most functionsallow you to compare both to determine which most accurately matches your localobservations. In my testing, the forecasts seemed as accurate as one wouldexpect - subject to the fallibility of all forecasting. (In today's example,given above, the wind actually later hit sustained 33 knots at 3 PM accordingto my local NOAA buoy report - much earlier than in the PredictWind forecastand exceeding the NOAA forecast. One should always be cautious with forecasts!)
The Downside
·        It would be nice to have help screens on the app deviceexplaining the different data formats and sources. You have to go to thePredictwind.com website presently for this information.
·        The time (at top of forecast table) is not seen when you scrolldown to lower-table info, so you have to scroll up and down to see what timeperiods the data refers to.
·        Different functions treat time somewhat differently. Forexample, as I write this at 12:30 PM, my forecast table gives a wind forecastby the hour starting at 1 PM today for the 36 hours ahead, but my wind forecastmap animation starts at 4:00 AM this morning and continues for 24 hours, and mywind forecast contour map animation starts at 10 PM last night and goes only to4 PM this afternoon. There must be technical reasons for this, but I find theshifting time frames confusing.
Additional Features of the Paid Versions
Unlike most apps with a single price for additional features,PredictWind uses a subscription model. Expanding from a 1-day forecast to a5-day forecast costs $9 for 3 months or $19 for 12 months. In addition, for$5/hour you can obtain weather routing functions, or $5/hour for the tripplanner. It is difficult to know precisely how these last two features functionwithout paying first, as the developer's website has an altogether different pricing structure for a grid offeatures (called Basic, Standard, and Professional) referring their computerprogram rather than the app.
Since I doubt most recreational sailors need these otherfunctions, I did not investigate them further; I would guess that the NOAA orCMC extended forecasts would be sufficient for most sailors. The upgradeapparently also provides current wind and other observations in addition to theforecast - but this information is already available through other weather apps(such asMarinecast or Wind NOAA) or via NOAA buoy reports obtainable also on your Android or Apple device.
Conclusions
For what it does, the PredictWind free version is a good app forsailors to have in their toolbox, along with a tide and current app,chart navigator, and others. I especially like the primary tablethat gives the hourly forecast for all relevant weather variables in a clear,quick-glance format, along with the animated contour maps that show changesmoving into the area. Darn good stuff for a free app!
To complement PredictWind’s forecast, check out the free versionof Marine Weather for both Apple and Android devices, which includes lots ofweather data, tides, radar, and more.
PocketGrib is another effective app for showing wind weather forecasts inyour area. There is a free Android version with limited functionality, but theApple versions cost more than you need to pay for this information.

2015-12-21 22:50
翻译组成员【纪生中】-----偶是海洋知识搬运工。
徐鹏 来自: 山东
不小小纪 发表于 2015-12-21 22:50
Review of PredictWind App  Pretty Good What You Get for Free ThePredictWind app for Apple and Androi ...

谢谢搬运工
2015-12-21 23:24

登录航海网,拥抱全世界

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
关于PredictWind app应用的测评
帆友可以得到的免费服务
                    翻译者-------帆译组:张立文
PredictWind.jpg

PredictWind是一种应用在苹果和安卓智能手机和平板上的一种可供航海者随时掌握风况和气象动向的App应用。不必像以往那样开着收音机收听NOAA(美国国家海洋局)的大区域气象报告。例如收听这样的情况:“西南风15到25节…下午会增大到20到30节。”

以上只是一个例子,航海者需要的是尽可能接近自己所在区域的气象预测报告。

可以想象这样的情形,在上午10点钟,我考虑去航行几个小时。微风15对我的船最有利:达到最大航速且不考虑收帆。但当我离开码头时风速达到了20,这时我必须考虑收帆,或者依靠有经验的船员调整帆桅来航行。但如果我在公开水域的时候风速达到了30,这个时候我最好返航除非我疯了。一但港口的浪涌变大,船员必须面对如何固定缆绳的困难。

PredictWind可以给出了更具体的区域和对应时点的风况变化。对比NOAA以上的预测, “今天凌晨1点有15节的风速,上午10点达到22节。但在整个下午也不会超过20节,仅日落后会到达25节”。虽然我知道所期望的合适风况,同时我也知道在午夜前我所在的区域风力也不会超过30,所以我和船员们乐于前往。

这正是predictwind设计的好处;

版本介绍:Android免费版本2.1.1 predictwind

联想A1平板电脑运行Android 2.3测试

可用于安卓(1.6以上版本)和苹果设备

免费版的主要功能

开始时选择你所在的地区。一个区域被保存在免费版本中(根据你所在区域可以改变);在付费版本中可以存储6个区域。菜单中有细分的选项和不同的信息。

以下是免费版的基本功能:

•   24小时内风速和方向的预测变化/每小时(付费版本5天)
  •   各种视觉格式风数据:表,图表,地图动画与风向尖头,动画轮廓图(见上图)
  •   24小时内,预测的浪涌高度、时间和方向(沿海和近海地区);表格信息与地图动画对应/每小时。
  •   空气温度(水-不超过土地)预测按小时
  •   降水和云量的预报/小时(表)或在地图中显示的降水运量等高线的变化/3小时。

Predictwind网站说风力预测APP使用基于NOAA和加拿大气象数据的风力预测计算机模型,模型中的多数函数允许自行对比找到最适合自身所在区域的观测数据。在我的测试中,所有预测并不总能与真实情况完全一致。(今天的例子,上面给出的风力实际在下午3点持续达到33节,早于Predictwind的预测但是超过了NOAA的预报。所以我们对所有的预测都应该有谨慎的态度)

不足之处

关于APP应用端屏幕上显示的不同数据格式和来源等信息,需要访问PREDICTWIND网站才能了解。

当你在屏幕上向下滚动图表信息的时候,表头上的时间信息就看不到了。这时你必须向上滚动图表才能显示与时间对照的数据信息。

不同的功能处理时间的方式不同。例如,我写这篇文章是在下午12:30,预测表提供给我的是从下午1点开始今天的36小时前的预测信息,但风力预报的动画图提供的是在今天早上4:00开始持续24小时的信息,而我的风力预测等高线图是从昨天晚上10点开始仅持续到今天下午下午4点。这三类预测方式的时间都不统一。这里一定有技术上的原因,总之这个应用的时间框架比较混乱。

付费版本的附加功能

与大多数的附加功能增加价格的应用程序不同,predictwind采用订阅模式。从一天预报扩展到5天的天气预报,价格为9美元的3个月或19美元12个月。此外,5美元/小时的价格可以提供的路由功能,或5美元/小时的行程规划功能。如何不支付,就很难准确地知道这2个功能能干什么。开发者网站上有一个关于定价结构的说明,根据计算机程序的复杂度分为基础版,标准版和专业版。

因为我觉得最爱玩的航海者也不一定会使用这个应用的其他功能,我就没有继续深入了解它。我猜测NOAA和CMC的扩展预测功能已经能满足大多数航海者的需求。升级版增加的预测包括当前风况和其他观测数据。但是这些信息我们通过其他的气象APP如Marinecast,Wind NOAA或NOAA飘测报告等都可以获得。

结论

predictwind免费版APP是航海者的一个很好的工具之一。在航海过程中可以与潮汐浪涌APP,图表导航仪,和其他工具一起使用。我特别喜欢它的整洁清晰和快速浏览的界面,每小时的与天气相关的数据和变化信息在动态等高图中清晰快速的显示出来。这确实是个好用的免费APP。

作为predictwind的补充,我们也需要看Marine Weather,包括天气数据,潮汐浪涌,雷达信息等等。有一个限制功能的安卓版本,但苹果版本的费用比较高。

PocketGrib是另外一个可以有效为你提供所在区域风况的APP应用。

文章来自外国网站“about sport”,翻译文章主要为服务国内帆友,如有侵权,请联系我们删除。
   the original articles are from the website "about sport". if covering torts, please contact us to delete.

Review of PredictWind App
Pretty Good What You Get for Free
ThePredictWind app for Apple and Android smartphones and tablets is a handy wayfor sailors to stay in touch with the wind and weather. Not long ago you'd tunein NOAA weather radio for the marine forecast covering a large area to receivesomething like this (my own forecast today - compare with PredictWind'sforecast below): "SW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT...INCREASING TO 20 TO 30 KT THISAFTERNOON."
Theforecast above is a good example why sailors need a forecast that is asspecific for their immediate area as possible.
Say it's 10:00 AM and I'm thinking ofgoing sailing for a few hours. A breeze of 15 would be great for my boat:maximum speed without having to reef. But if it hits 20 as soon as I leave thedock, I'd better be reefed down (and maybe have experienced crew with me, depending on my boat'srig) - and if it's blowing 30 about the time I reach open water, I'd better getback in unless I want a wild, wet ride and crew who can cope with thedifficulty of picking up my mooring once the waves grow in my harbor.
PredictWindgives a forecast for a much more specific area and maps out expected windchanges by the hour. In contrast to the particular NOAA forecast above, I see15 knots at 1 AM today, but by 10:00 AM it's already 22 knots. But it will stayin the low 20s all afternoon, rising over 25 only well after sunset. So I knowto expect a good wind (reef before heading out), but I also know it won't reachthat 30 in my area until midnight, so I'm good to go with my present crew.
That isexactly what PredictWind was designed to do and does best.
Versionreviewed: PredictWind for Android free version 2.1.1
Tested on Lenovo A1 Tablet running Android 2.3
Available for both Android (1.6 and up) and Apple devices
Key Features of the Free Version
You beginby choosing your local forecast area. One area is saved in the free version(but it can be changed when you go elsewhere); six in the paid versions. Thenyou get a menu for a variety of specific functions and types of information.
Followingare the basic features in the free version:
·        Wind speed and direction forecast hourly for 24 hours (5 days inpaid versions)
·        Wind data presented in a variety of visual formats: table,graphs, map animated with wind arrows, animated contour map (see image above)
·        Predicted wave height, period, and direction (coastal andoffshore areas) hourly for 24 hours; tabular information and also animatedcontour maps
·        Air temperature (over the water - not over land) forecast by hour
·        Rainfall and cloud cover forecast by hour (table) or in 3-hourincrements in animated contour map
ThePredictWind website explains that the wind forecast uses their own computermodel based on NOAA and Canadian Meteorological Centre data, and most functionsallow you to compare both to determine which most accurately matches your localobservations. In my testing, the forecasts seemed as accurate as one wouldexpect - subject to the fallibility of all forecasting. (In today's example,given above, the wind actually later hit sustained 33 knots at 3 PM accordingto my local NOAA buoy report - much earlier than in the PredictWind forecastand exceeding the NOAA forecast. One should always be cautious with forecasts!)
The Downside
·        It would be nice to have help screens on the app deviceexplaining the different data formats and sources. You have to go to thePredictwind.com website presently for this information.
·        The time (at top of forecast table) is not seen when you scrolldown to lower-table info, so you have to scroll up and down to see what timeperiods the data refers to.
·        Different functions treat time somewhat differently. Forexample, as I write this at 12:30 PM, my forecast table gives a wind forecastby the hour starting at 1 PM today for the 36 hours ahead, but my wind forecastmap animation starts at 4:00 AM this morning and continues for 24 hours, and mywind forecast contour map animation starts at 10 PM last night and goes only to4 PM this afternoon. There must be technical reasons for this, but I find theshifting time frames confusing.
Additional Features of the Paid Versions
Unlike most apps with a single price for additional features,PredictWind uses a subscription model. Expanding from a 1-day forecast to a5-day forecast costs $9 for 3 months or $19 for 12 months. In addition, for$5/hour you can obtain weather routing functions, or $5/hour for the tripplanner. It is difficult to know precisely how these last two features functionwithout paying first, as the developer's website has an altogether different pricing structure for a grid offeatures (called Basic, Standard, and Professional) referring their computerprogram rather than the app.
Since I doubt most recreational sailors need these otherfunctions, I did not investigate them further; I would guess that the NOAA orCMC extended forecasts would be sufficient for most sailors. The upgradeapparently also provides current wind and other observations in addition to theforecast - but this information is already available through other weather apps(such asMarinecast or Wind NOAA) or via NOAA buoy reports obtainable also on your Android or Apple device.
Conclusions
For what it does, the PredictWind free version is a good app forsailors to have in their toolbox, along with a tide and current app,chart navigator, and others. I especially like the primary tablethat gives the hourly forecast for all relevant weather variables in a clear,quick-glance format, along with the animated contour maps that show changesmoving into the area. Darn good stuff for a free app!
To complement PredictWind’s forecast, check out the free versionof Marine Weather for both Apple and Android devices, which includes lots ofweather data, tides, radar, and more.
PocketGrib is another effective app for showing wind weather forecasts inyour area. There is a free Android version with limited functionality, but theApple versions cost more than you need to pay for this information.

2015-12-21 22:50
翻译组成员【纪生中】-----偶是海洋知识搬运工。
不小小纪 发表于 2015-12-21 22:50
Review of PredictWind App  Pretty Good What You Get for Free ThePredictWind app for Apple and Androi ...

谢谢搬运工
2015-12-21 23:24
您需要登录后才可以回帖 立即登录
说说你的想法......
返回顶部