来自: 上海

登录航海网,拥抱全世界

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x

Review of"Marine Weather Right Now" app

Could Be Useful - But Is It Accurate?

‘当前海洋天气’应用测评

可能有用--但准确吗?

"Marine Weather Right Now" app would seem perfectlydesigned for sailors and other boaters who need only aquick snapshot of air, wind, and water conditions before heading out. Unlike MarineCast, this free app doesn'toverwhelm you with data - it just tells you the marine conditions nearby toyour position as identified by your device.

But you may have seriousdoubts about the accuracy of this information from an unknown source.

Read on.

Version reviewed: 1.13for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad - free
Not available for Android at this time

‘当前海洋天气’应用似乎主要为那些在出发前需要快速简单的了解空气,风和水况的水手和其他船主而设计。不象MarineCast,这个免费的应用不会提供繁杂的数据,它只告诉你附近的海洋情况。

不过你可能严重怀疑未知来源信息的准确性。

继续看下去。

版本回顾:1.13版可用于iPhone,iPodTouch,iPad-免费,目前不支持安卓

What ItDoes
它能做什么

Once you've allowed theapp to use your present location, assuming you have connectivity, it locates anearby "marine" and provides a set of the following information:

只要你允许应用使用当前的位置,有网络联接的情况下,它可以定位附近‘海洋’并且提供下列信息

• Swell height, direction, and period
    涨潮高度,方向,周期
  • Air temperature and pressure
    气温和气压
  • Wind speed and direction
    风速和风向
  • Cloud cover, visibility, humidity
    云况,可见度,湿度
  • Water temperature
    水温度

You can also see thenearest "marine" located on a Google map and your own location.

你还可以看到定位在谷歌地图的附近‘海洋’和自己的位置。

Since the app's name is"Marine Weather Right Now," you naturally assume you're looking atpresent conditions. But this app seems to have serious issues regarding when -and where - those conditions are, as noted below.

既然应用的名字是‘当前海洋天气’,你自然假设你看到的是当前的情况。但这个应用貌似对于何时何地等情况有严重的问题,比如下面提到的。

TheDownside
缺点

The two big issues here are when and where are the conditions youobserve on the data screen.

当观察屏幕的数据时,两个重大的问题是‘何时’和‘何地’的情况。

While you might assumethese conditions are now, check the date and time at the top of the screen. Onmy device, at least, the right date comes up, but the time always starts at0000.

当你假设是当前情况时,看下屏幕上方的日期和时间。在我的设备上,正确的日期至少出现了,但时间始终是0000

In most circumstancesthat means midnight, or 00:00 hours in military time. So are the conditionsshown for now or for the start of this date? More confusing, you can tap thetime and then set the time to any 3-hour interval in the 2400 military clock. Andwhen you set it to the present time, say 1500 if it is now 3 PM, the conditionsshown on the data screen change. So does that mean that when I first turned iton, the weather "right now" was actually last night midnight? Andwhen I scroll the time ahead to the real now and the conditions change, has theapp actually gone back to the weather source site to update the data - or is itall working off an hour-by-hour forecast for the day? After all, if I set thetime ahead to tonight, it still gives me new data - which means it does seem toforecast. So can I trust the "right now" bit at all?

在大多情况下这意味着午夜,或者军事时间0000.所以气候状况是现在的还是从今天开始时的。更让人迷惑的,你可以选择时间并且以3小时为间隔设点在任意的2400内。如果你设置为当前时间,假设1500如果现在是下午3点,气候状况改变。所以是否意味着当我打开它,‘当前’气候其实是昨夜午夜的?当我移动时间到真实现在时间并且气候状况改变。那么应用是否真的从气候数据来源更新数据,或者它只是清除每小时的天气预报?无论如何,如果我设置时间到今晚以后,它还是给我新数据-这意味着它似乎就是预报。那么我能信任‘当前’吗?

More unknown is thesource of the data. In my own location in the U.S. I can access online weatherand marine conditions from the National Weather Service, several well-known commercialweather sites, and NOAA automated marine buoy reports. I checked all of thesein an effort to determine what data source was being used in this app - andnone of these weather data sources agreed very perfectly with the data the appwas showing me. (To be fair, they don't agree very perfectly with each othereither.) So can I trust the data I'm seeing? Especially if I don't know whetherit is actually being measured right now or is based on an earlier forecast thatmight now have come true?

更多未知的是数据来源,在我在美国的位置,我可以访问国家天气服务获得在线天气和海洋情况,以及几个知名的商业气候网站,NOAA的自动海洋浮标报告。我检查这些是为了确定那个数据来源被用在这个应用上,没有任何一个上面的数据来源非常完美的与这个应用的数据显示给我。(公平的说,他们直接也不是非常完美的认同彼此)所以我可以信任我看到的数据吗?特别是我不知到天气是真的当前的,还是基于之前的预报而假设真的发生。

The map location of theso-called "marine" identified by the app as the weather source is nohelp in my case. It pinpoints a residential neighborhood nearby that is closebut not on the water. I have no idea what this means.

由该应用辨认的地图位置上所谓的‘海洋’作为气候来源对我没有帮助,它确定的位置在我邻居住户附近,但并不在水上。我不懂这是什么意思。

Conclusions
总结

The questions aboveillustrate well the importance of knowing the source and trustworthiness ofdata from any app you're using for boating. This could be a matter of safety,more than just a convenience. While these issues remain, I would recommend notusing the "Marine Weather Right Now" app.

上面的问题很好的描述了清楚的了解你为船所用app数据来源和可信度的重要性。这事关安全,不只是便利而已。当这些问题存在时,我不建议使用‘当前海洋天气’应用。

If MarineCast has too much information for your tastes, check out the freeversion of Marine Weather for both Apple and Android devices, which also includes tides,radar, and more, or try Wind NOAA for a quick view of just the current wind conditions. Fornavigation and other kinds of sailing apps, check out these best apps for sailing.

如果MarineCast应用提供太多信息,可以试试苹果和安卓的免费版Marine Weather,它也包括浪高,雷达等,或者试试Wind NOAA获得当前风况的快速浏览。对于导航和其他航海应用,检查最佳航海应用。

Note: Iwrote the app developer with these questions and learned that the weather datasource is an entity called World Weather Online, easily found online, thatclaims to produce its own weather and forecast models. I was unable todetermine the source of their data on ocean swells and so on but continue tonote their data for my own area is not consistent with NOAA buoy data, which Ihave come to trust. The app developer did not clarify the issue of whether the"right now" conditions shown by the app are actually observed conditionsor forecast by a model.

备注:我把上面的问题发给了该应用开发者,并了解到气候数据来源为World Weather Online,很容易在线找到,它声称自己产生它的天气和预报模型。我无法确定他们海洋浪涌的数据来源和其他数据,但持续注意到他们关于我附近区域的数据和NOAA数据不一致,后者更让我信任。该app 开发者没有澄清应用上显示的‘当前’情况是实际观测的,还是由模型预测的。

RightNow.jpg

我要航海网帆译组:纪东方
不小小纪 来自: 海南
很好。。天气应用软件测评~~
2015-9-23 12:37
翻译组成员【纪生中】-----偶是海洋知识搬运工。

登录航海网,拥抱全世界

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x

Review of"Marine Weather Right Now" app

Could Be Useful - But Is It Accurate?

‘当前海洋天气’应用测评

可能有用--但准确吗?

"Marine Weather Right Now" app would seem perfectlydesigned for sailors and other boaters who need only aquick snapshot of air, wind, and water conditions before heading out. Unlike MarineCast, this free app doesn'toverwhelm you with data - it just tells you the marine conditions nearby toyour position as identified by your device.

But you may have seriousdoubts about the accuracy of this information from an unknown source.

Read on.

Version reviewed: 1.13for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad - free
Not available for Android at this time

‘当前海洋天气’应用似乎主要为那些在出发前需要快速简单的了解空气,风和水况的水手和其他船主而设计。不象MarineCast,这个免费的应用不会提供繁杂的数据,它只告诉你附近的海洋情况。

不过你可能严重怀疑未知来源信息的准确性。

继续看下去。

版本回顾:1.13版可用于iPhone,iPodTouch,iPad-免费,目前不支持安卓

What ItDoes
它能做什么

Once you've allowed theapp to use your present location, assuming you have connectivity, it locates anearby "marine" and provides a set of the following information:

只要你允许应用使用当前的位置,有网络联接的情况下,它可以定位附近‘海洋’并且提供下列信息

• Swell height, direction, and period
    涨潮高度,方向,周期
  • Air temperature and pressure
    气温和气压
  • Wind speed and direction
    风速和风向
  • Cloud cover, visibility, humidity
    云况,可见度,湿度
  • Water temperature
    水温度

You can also see thenearest "marine" located on a Google map and your own location.

你还可以看到定位在谷歌地图的附近‘海洋’和自己的位置。

Since the app's name is"Marine Weather Right Now," you naturally assume you're looking atpresent conditions. But this app seems to have serious issues regarding when -and where - those conditions are, as noted below.

既然应用的名字是‘当前海洋天气’,你自然假设你看到的是当前的情况。但这个应用貌似对于何时何地等情况有严重的问题,比如下面提到的。

TheDownside
缺点

The two big issues here are when and where are the conditions youobserve on the data screen.

当观察屏幕的数据时,两个重大的问题是‘何时’和‘何地’的情况。

While you might assumethese conditions are now, check the date and time at the top of the screen. Onmy device, at least, the right date comes up, but the time always starts at0000.

当你假设是当前情况时,看下屏幕上方的日期和时间。在我的设备上,正确的日期至少出现了,但时间始终是0000

In most circumstancesthat means midnight, or 00:00 hours in military time. So are the conditionsshown for now or for the start of this date? More confusing, you can tap thetime and then set the time to any 3-hour interval in the 2400 military clock. Andwhen you set it to the present time, say 1500 if it is now 3 PM, the conditionsshown on the data screen change. So does that mean that when I first turned iton, the weather "right now" was actually last night midnight? Andwhen I scroll the time ahead to the real now and the conditions change, has theapp actually gone back to the weather source site to update the data - or is itall working off an hour-by-hour forecast for the day? After all, if I set thetime ahead to tonight, it still gives me new data - which means it does seem toforecast. So can I trust the "right now" bit at all?

在大多情况下这意味着午夜,或者军事时间0000.所以气候状况是现在的还是从今天开始时的。更让人迷惑的,你可以选择时间并且以3小时为间隔设点在任意的2400内。如果你设置为当前时间,假设1500如果现在是下午3点,气候状况改变。所以是否意味着当我打开它,‘当前’气候其实是昨夜午夜的?当我移动时间到真实现在时间并且气候状况改变。那么应用是否真的从气候数据来源更新数据,或者它只是清除每小时的天气预报?无论如何,如果我设置时间到今晚以后,它还是给我新数据-这意味着它似乎就是预报。那么我能信任‘当前’吗?

More unknown is thesource of the data. In my own location in the U.S. I can access online weatherand marine conditions from the National Weather Service, several well-known commercialweather sites, and NOAA automated marine buoy reports. I checked all of thesein an effort to determine what data source was being used in this app - andnone of these weather data sources agreed very perfectly with the data the appwas showing me. (To be fair, they don't agree very perfectly with each othereither.) So can I trust the data I'm seeing? Especially if I don't know whetherit is actually being measured right now or is based on an earlier forecast thatmight now have come true?

更多未知的是数据来源,在我在美国的位置,我可以访问国家天气服务获得在线天气和海洋情况,以及几个知名的商业气候网站,NOAA的自动海洋浮标报告。我检查这些是为了确定那个数据来源被用在这个应用上,没有任何一个上面的数据来源非常完美的与这个应用的数据显示给我。(公平的说,他们直接也不是非常完美的认同彼此)所以我可以信任我看到的数据吗?特别是我不知到天气是真的当前的,还是基于之前的预报而假设真的发生。

The map location of theso-called "marine" identified by the app as the weather source is nohelp in my case. It pinpoints a residential neighborhood nearby that is closebut not on the water. I have no idea what this means.

由该应用辨认的地图位置上所谓的‘海洋’作为气候来源对我没有帮助,它确定的位置在我邻居住户附近,但并不在水上。我不懂这是什么意思。

Conclusions
总结

The questions aboveillustrate well the importance of knowing the source and trustworthiness ofdata from any app you're using for boating. This could be a matter of safety,more than just a convenience. While these issues remain, I would recommend notusing the "Marine Weather Right Now" app.

上面的问题很好的描述了清楚的了解你为船所用app数据来源和可信度的重要性。这事关安全,不只是便利而已。当这些问题存在时,我不建议使用‘当前海洋天气’应用。

If MarineCast has too much information for your tastes, check out the freeversion of Marine Weather for both Apple and Android devices, which also includes tides,radar, and more, or try Wind NOAA for a quick view of just the current wind conditions. Fornavigation and other kinds of sailing apps, check out these best apps for sailing.

如果MarineCast应用提供太多信息,可以试试苹果和安卓的免费版Marine Weather,它也包括浪高,雷达等,或者试试Wind NOAA获得当前风况的快速浏览。对于导航和其他航海应用,检查最佳航海应用。

Note: Iwrote the app developer with these questions and learned that the weather datasource is an entity called World Weather Online, easily found online, thatclaims to produce its own weather and forecast models. I was unable todetermine the source of their data on ocean swells and so on but continue tonote their data for my own area is not consistent with NOAA buoy data, which Ihave come to trust. The app developer did not clarify the issue of whether the"right now" conditions shown by the app are actually observed conditionsor forecast by a model.

备注:我把上面的问题发给了该应用开发者,并了解到气候数据来源为World Weather Online,很容易在线找到,它声称自己产生它的天气和预报模型。我无法确定他们海洋浪涌的数据来源和其他数据,但持续注意到他们关于我附近区域的数据和NOAA数据不一致,后者更让我信任。该app 开发者没有澄清应用上显示的‘当前’情况是实际观测的,还是由模型预测的。

RightNow.jpg

我要航海网帆译组:纪东方
很好。。天气应用软件测评~~
2015-9-23 12:37
翻译组成员【纪生中】-----偶是海洋知识搬运工。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 立即登录
说说你的想法......
返回顶部