来自: Reserved

登录航海网,拥抱全世界

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
本帖最后由 徐鹏 于 2019-9-20 01:00 编辑

水手日记 | 难忘的起航仪式w2.jpg

Parade of sail

启航仪式

I was 9 years old when I first learned that my middle name “Christopher” was inspired by my father's idol Christopher Columbus, the great explorer who sailed across the Atlantic Ocean and discovered America. Since then it’s been my dream to honour the name my parents chose for me and sail the same route. After over twenty years of dreaming and waiting, it was Sanya China that has given me the chance to make my dream come true!

当我第一次得知我的中间名“克里斯托弗”受到我父亲偶像克里斯托弗·哥伦布的启发时,我才9岁,这位伟大的探险家是首位航行跨越大西洋发现并且安全回来让欧洲人知道有个新地方存在,那个新地方就是美国。从那时起,我心中就有驾帆船跨越大西洋的梦想。经过二十多年的等待与耐心,是中国与三亚才给予机会来实现这个伟大的梦想。

Having a chance to fulfil your dreams is what a happy life is really all about, but more than this, Sanya and the Clipper Race have also given me the first chance to truly connect London, the place where I grew up with China the place I now call home in a truly spectacular style.

有机会实现梦想才是幸福生活的真谛,但除此之外本次比赛也给了我另外一个特别重要的机会,那就是让我真正连接我的“老家乡”伦敦和我的“新家乡”中国。

水手日记 | 难忘的起航仪式w3.jpg

While many of my friends and family have come to see me in China, see the city I live in, travel and holiday with me in places including Sanya, many more friends and family have been unable to visit because they are too old or have young children. This means that many of my English friends and family still don’t fully understand why I love living in China so much, how friendly the people are, how good the food is, or how wonderful Chinese culture is.

虽然我的很多朋友和家人都来中国看我,看我住的城市,和我一起在三亚等地旅行和度假,但还有很多由于年龄或有孩子的情况就无法来看。这意味着我的许多英国朋友和家人仍然不完全理解我为什么这么喜欢在中国生活,也没有接触过中国热情的人民,美味的(正宗)中餐,和博大精深的中国文化。

Thanks to Sanya and the Clipper Race that has now changed a lot. This race is not only going to be “The Race of Our Lives”, but has already become a bridge for friends, family, supporters, fans and colleagues to connect with and understand China, many have now heard of Sanya for the very first time and through the Clipper Race buildup and promotion events, people have seen the colours and energy of Sanya and said they are excited to come a see it for themselves.

多亏三亚和克利伯环球帆船赛,现在这已经改变了很多。这场比赛不仅将会是“The Race of Our Lives”,而且已经成为我的很多朋友、家人、粉丝和同事与中国和三亚的桥梁。许多人是经过这个比赛才第一次认识三亚,但通过最近的比赛筹备与推广活动,大家都感受到三亚的精神也对咱们三亚号鲜明的设计表示无限的喜爱.

Today’s Parade of Sail was an enormous, energetic, exciting and emotional send off grand send off which I will remember proudly for the rest of my life. My grandparents, parents, brother, uncles, aunts, cousins, friends, colleagues supporters and even neighbours all came down to see the 11 boat Clipper  Race fleet set sail along the Thames and to support team Sanya in our quest for a second overall race win.

这次的起航仪式是一次巨大的、充满活力、激动人心的盛大的送别,我将终生自豪地记住。我的祖父母、父母、弟弟、叔叔、阿姨、堂兄妹、朋友、同事、粉丝和以前的邻居都来到现场,观看我们11艘赛船正式起航并支持咱们三亚号又一次夺冠军!

Even though I was born and raised in London, this is the first time I’ve ever had tower bridge raised for me to pass through and I can tell you it was a very special feeling and a real privilege to experience. Particularly because we got to pass through twice! But what surprised me the most was just how many people came out to support us! There were thousands and thousands of people lined up all along the river Thames, on tower bridge and dozens of overloaded supporter boats all waving flags, screaming, cheering, crying and creating a beautiful show for the whole world to share! It was one of the greatest days of my life! Proudly wearing our beautiful new team uniforms and on our gorgeous team sanya boat, we were waving and cheering for hours and hours all the way along the river on live tv across the whole planet! Australia, England, America, South Africa, China, etc etc all had live broadcasts of the parade of sail! I’ve worked in television for a long time, but I can tell you this was the biggest event I’ve ever been a part of!!

尽管我在伦敦出生长大,但这是我第一次有塔桥为我升起档期通过,我可以告诉大家,这是一种非常特殊的感觉和真正的荣幸经历!但最让我吃惊的是出来支持我们的人数!整个泰晤士河沿岸,塔桥上,望江公寓所有的阳台真是很多车顶上全部沾满着挥着克利伯环球帆船赛、三亚号和其他队伍旗子的上万名来自全球的支持者!

水手日记 | 难忘的起航仪式w4.jpg

如此热情的画面永远被刻我心的深处。整个下午一直到天黑了他们继续尖叫,欢呼,哭泣!他们的表现让那天的启航仪式成为我人生中最特别的日子之一!

水手日记 | 难忘的起航仪式w5.jpg

澳大利亚、英国、美国、南非、中国等都直播起航仪式!真可以是说全球都在关注!穿着我们鲜明的新队服向出来的支持者和全球的媒体挥挥手挥挥三亚和中国的旗子真让人感到骄傲与荣幸!

水手日记 | 难忘的起航仪式w6.jpg

水手日记 | 难忘的起航仪式w7.jpg

高睿的家人

Of course it was sad to say goodbye to my mum and nan and there were many tears shed as they watched their son and grandson sail off to undertake a great adventure, but my nan had something special prepared, a poem which she wrote herself especially for me:

即将上船出发跟我妈妈和奶奶道别时当然很难过,让家人们看着他们的儿子和孙子扬帆远航去进行一次伟大的冒险当然会让他们很担心,也让她们流下了许多眼泪。本来我是不会哭的人,但是奶奶有特别准备的东西送给我,一首她自己特别为我写的诗:

水手日记 | 难忘的起航仪式w8.jpg

原文如下:

Last year I married the girl of my dream,

Now, temporarily, I’m leaving to join with a team,

I will have to say goodbye as I’m sailing to Uruguay,

Knowing my love for a challenge my family and friends are going round the bends,

I'm doing this journey with great pride and excited at being selected for the ride,

This episode is another part of my life and I'm doing it for me and my wife

On this special day, watched and supported by the world, I felt more proud to be an ambassador for team Sanya than ever before. I felt excited and nervous about the challenge ahead and incredibly lucky to be able to connect Sanya with the world in such a spectacularly beautiful ceremony which so many people will remember with a smile for the rest of their lives! So, now onto the race... team Sanya, lets do this!!!

在这特殊的日子里,在全世界的关注和支持下,作为三亚号的大使船员,我感到前所未有的自豪。我对即将面临的挑战感到兴奋和紧张,也感到非常幸运能够在如此壮观美丽的仪式上帮助三亚和世界联到一起!好的,起航仪式已圆满结束,接下来就正式开始克利伯环球帆船赛第一个赛吧!队友们,让我们在比赛中一起加油!!

水手日记 | 难忘的起航仪式w9.jpg

登录航海网,拥抱全世界

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
本帖最后由 徐鹏 于 2019-9-20 01:00 编辑

水手日记 | 难忘的起航仪式w2.jpg

Parade of sail

启航仪式

I was 9 years old when I first learned that my middle name “Christopher” was inspired by my father's idol Christopher Columbus, the great explorer who sailed across the Atlantic Ocean and discovered America. Since then it’s been my dream to honour the name my parents chose for me and sail the same route. After over twenty years of dreaming and waiting, it was Sanya China that has given me the chance to make my dream come true!

当我第一次得知我的中间名“克里斯托弗”受到我父亲偶像克里斯托弗·哥伦布的启发时,我才9岁,这位伟大的探险家是首位航行跨越大西洋发现并且安全回来让欧洲人知道有个新地方存在,那个新地方就是美国。从那时起,我心中就有驾帆船跨越大西洋的梦想。经过二十多年的等待与耐心,是中国与三亚才给予机会来实现这个伟大的梦想。

Having a chance to fulfil your dreams is what a happy life is really all about, but more than this, Sanya and the Clipper Race have also given me the first chance to truly connect London, the place where I grew up with China the place I now call home in a truly spectacular style.

有机会实现梦想才是幸福生活的真谛,但除此之外本次比赛也给了我另外一个特别重要的机会,那就是让我真正连接我的“老家乡”伦敦和我的“新家乡”中国。

水手日记 | 难忘的起航仪式w3.jpg

While many of my friends and family have come to see me in China, see the city I live in, travel and holiday with me in places including Sanya, many more friends and family have been unable to visit because they are too old or have young children. This means that many of my English friends and family still don’t fully understand why I love living in China so much, how friendly the people are, how good the food is, or how wonderful Chinese culture is.

虽然我的很多朋友和家人都来中国看我,看我住的城市,和我一起在三亚等地旅行和度假,但还有很多由于年龄或有孩子的情况就无法来看。这意味着我的许多英国朋友和家人仍然不完全理解我为什么这么喜欢在中国生活,也没有接触过中国热情的人民,美味的(正宗)中餐,和博大精深的中国文化。

Thanks to Sanya and the Clipper Race that has now changed a lot. This race is not only going to be “The Race of Our Lives”, but has already become a bridge for friends, family, supporters, fans and colleagues to connect with and understand China, many have now heard of Sanya for the very first time and through the Clipper Race buildup and promotion events, people have seen the colours and energy of Sanya and said they are excited to come a see it for themselves.

多亏三亚和克利伯环球帆船赛,现在这已经改变了很多。这场比赛不仅将会是“The Race of Our Lives”,而且已经成为我的很多朋友、家人、粉丝和同事与中国和三亚的桥梁。许多人是经过这个比赛才第一次认识三亚,但通过最近的比赛筹备与推广活动,大家都感受到三亚的精神也对咱们三亚号鲜明的设计表示无限的喜爱.

Today’s Parade of Sail was an enormous, energetic, exciting and emotional send off grand send off which I will remember proudly for the rest of my life. My grandparents, parents, brother, uncles, aunts, cousins, friends, colleagues supporters and even neighbours all came down to see the 11 boat Clipper  Race fleet set sail along the Thames and to support team Sanya in our quest for a second overall race win.

这次的起航仪式是一次巨大的、充满活力、激动人心的盛大的送别,我将终生自豪地记住。我的祖父母、父母、弟弟、叔叔、阿姨、堂兄妹、朋友、同事、粉丝和以前的邻居都来到现场,观看我们11艘赛船正式起航并支持咱们三亚号又一次夺冠军!

Even though I was born and raised in London, this is the first time I’ve ever had tower bridge raised for me to pass through and I can tell you it was a very special feeling and a real privilege to experience. Particularly because we got to pass through twice! But what surprised me the most was just how many people came out to support us! There were thousands and thousands of people lined up all along the river Thames, on tower bridge and dozens of overloaded supporter boats all waving flags, screaming, cheering, crying and creating a beautiful show for the whole world to share! It was one of the greatest days of my life! Proudly wearing our beautiful new team uniforms and on our gorgeous team sanya boat, we were waving and cheering for hours and hours all the way along the river on live tv across the whole planet! Australia, England, America, South Africa, China, etc etc all had live broadcasts of the parade of sail! I’ve worked in television for a long time, but I can tell you this was the biggest event I’ve ever been a part of!!

尽管我在伦敦出生长大,但这是我第一次有塔桥为我升起档期通过,我可以告诉大家,这是一种非常特殊的感觉和真正的荣幸经历!但最让我吃惊的是出来支持我们的人数!整个泰晤士河沿岸,塔桥上,望江公寓所有的阳台真是很多车顶上全部沾满着挥着克利伯环球帆船赛、三亚号和其他队伍旗子的上万名来自全球的支持者!

水手日记 | 难忘的起航仪式w4.jpg

如此热情的画面永远被刻我心的深处。整个下午一直到天黑了他们继续尖叫,欢呼,哭泣!他们的表现让那天的启航仪式成为我人生中最特别的日子之一!

水手日记 | 难忘的起航仪式w5.jpg

澳大利亚、英国、美国、南非、中国等都直播起航仪式!真可以是说全球都在关注!穿着我们鲜明的新队服向出来的支持者和全球的媒体挥挥手挥挥三亚和中国的旗子真让人感到骄傲与荣幸!

水手日记 | 难忘的起航仪式w6.jpg

水手日记 | 难忘的起航仪式w7.jpg

高睿的家人

Of course it was sad to say goodbye to my mum and nan and there were many tears shed as they watched their son and grandson sail off to undertake a great adventure, but my nan had something special prepared, a poem which she wrote herself especially for me:

即将上船出发跟我妈妈和奶奶道别时当然很难过,让家人们看着他们的儿子和孙子扬帆远航去进行一次伟大的冒险当然会让他们很担心,也让她们流下了许多眼泪。本来我是不会哭的人,但是奶奶有特别准备的东西送给我,一首她自己特别为我写的诗:

水手日记 | 难忘的起航仪式w8.jpg

原文如下:

Last year I married the girl of my dream,

Now, temporarily, I’m leaving to join with a team,

I will have to say goodbye as I’m sailing to Uruguay,

Knowing my love for a challenge my family and friends are going round the bends,

I'm doing this journey with great pride and excited at being selected for the ride,

This episode is another part of my life and I'm doing it for me and my wife

On this special day, watched and supported by the world, I felt more proud to be an ambassador for team Sanya than ever before. I felt excited and nervous about the challenge ahead and incredibly lucky to be able to connect Sanya with the world in such a spectacularly beautiful ceremony which so many people will remember with a smile for the rest of their lives! So, now onto the race... team Sanya, lets do this!!!

在这特殊的日子里,在全世界的关注和支持下,作为三亚号的大使船员,我感到前所未有的自豪。我对即将面临的挑战感到兴奋和紧张,也感到非常幸运能够在如此壮观美丽的仪式上帮助三亚和世界联到一起!好的,起航仪式已圆满结束,接下来就正式开始克利伯环球帆船赛第一个赛吧!队友们,让我们在比赛中一起加油!!

水手日记 | 难忘的起航仪式w9.jpg
您需要登录后才可以回帖 立即登录
说说你的想法......
返回顶部